Just Jakes Design, and its people, respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we ook after your personal data when you visit our website and do business with you.
Just Jakes Design is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Just Jakes”,“we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Just Jakes Design operates the website: https://www.justjakes.co.za/
Purpose of this privacy notice.
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Just Jakes collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website, for example when you contact us or sign up to a newsletter.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
Name: Liza Vermaak
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +27 (0)83 327 2938
The data we collect about you.
The Site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyse trends, and administer the Site.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customise the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content(including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including(without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
How we use your personal data.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
1. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. Legitimate Interest - means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests.
2. Where you have given us consent - Consent means that you have given us clear consent for us to process your data for a specific purpose. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
3. Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
1. Legitimate interests.
We rely on the legitimate interest basis to process your data in the following circumstances:
- To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data). This is necessary for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or a restructuring exercise.
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you. This is necessary to study how individuals use our website, to develop our website, to grow our business and to inform our strategy.
- To use data analytics to improve our website, services, marketing, users relationships and experiences. This is necessary to define types of users for our services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop and inform our strategy.
- To respond to queries made through the website. This is necessary to be able to provide you with a response to your query.
We rely on your consent to process your data in the following circumstances:
- To send you marketing material when you have signed up to receive our newsletter or asked a specific question on our website.
3. Legal or regulatory obligation.
We also rely on the legal or regulatory obligation ground to process your data in some circumstances. This means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
Please contact us if you would like more details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
Disclosures of your personal data.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in paragraph 4 above.
External Third Parties:
- Service providers who provide IT, system administration services and e-marketing on the Just Jake’s behalf.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- South African Revenue Service & Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request from us.